puroclear® products are used as casting materials for the tool-related refinement of wooden trim parts or thermoplastic parts – either for transparent or coloured coatings. The Casting materials are for example used in the automotive industry.
- Easy processing / economic production, i.e. by self-releasing adjustment
- High scratch resistance / self-healing effect / unique suitability for everyday use
- Custom-made differentiated surface solutions
- High gloss level and brilliant 3D effect
- Detailed impression of finest surface structures
- Combination of both
- Production of functional, 3-D-touch or anti-reflective coatings possible
- Durable performance
- Proven in large scale production
- OEM approved
The combination of puroclear® with thermoplastic injection moulding is also very interesting: It is an efficient and low-emission alternative to cost-intensive painting to refine the surface of injection moulding components. Besides that, the high-quality surface coating scores by covering small defects of the substrate and by giving a brilliant 3D depth effect on your component. puroclear®.
- Wooden trim parts in vehicle interiors
- Exterior applications (i.e. pillar panels of cars)
- Decorative and functional components
- Coating of composite components and other substrates
- Refinement of furniture components/tables
- Decorative elements
- Usability in CCM/CLEARRIM, ColorForm/clearmelt/DCDS and other technologies
- Hardness/haptics: from soft to hard (70 Shore A – 85 Shore D)
- Good adhesion to substrate, also with self-releasing adjustment
- Very good abrasion and scrub resistance
- System versions with self-healing effect
- Also at room temperature
- Scratch resistance acc. to Erichsen tested up to 20 N
- Complies with OEM specifications i.e.
- Sun simulation: 24h – DIN 75220-D-IN1-T
- Xenon weathering (artificial Florida and Arizona climate)
- Heat ageing
- Climatic cycle test
- Chemical resistance: sun cream, hand cream, bird droppings, tree resin etc.
- VOC/FOG: 70 ppm/125 ppm
- Cure time: 40–100 s (acc. to application and size of component)
- Transparent or (translucently) dyed coatings (i.e. piano-black)
- Coating possible of parts with thicknesses from 0,2 mm to 10 mm
puroclear® IT (= self releasing) is a system providing up to 1.500 demoulding processes without external release agent and thus enabling an almost off-tool production. Rework and scrap rate are significantly reduced. Impressions of high-glossy or rough surfaces with an impressive degree of repeatability are made possible.
puroclear®-systems with self-healing properties are hard coating materials characterized by an extraordinary suitability for everyday use. We adapt the self-healing effect according to your application.
Leatherlike haptics are possible with puroclear® in soft adjustment. They can be used as an alternative to puroskin® also for light colours.