Environment and sustainability
As a company group of the chemical industry, the Rühl Group is aware of its special responsibility to people and the environment.
- It is our duty to save resources and to keep the environmental burden resulting from our activities as low as possible.
- It is self-evident for us to continuously improve our production processes to guarantee a high standard in regards to safety and the conservation of resources.
- This is also valid for processes regarding the production of products which require extensive risk observation already in the development phase.
- If despite all safety precautions an incident should occur, extensive alarm and emergency plans have been organized in order to minimise harm to our environment.
- For almost 20 years we annually set new goals to reduce energy consumption (gas, heating oil, electricity). We will vigorously keep on pursuing this target in future.
- For more than 11 years we have been substituting heat energy by solar power and thus could save 450.000 litres of heating oil.
- Also in joint projects with customers, suppliers and authorities we are improving our processes – supported by internal and external audits.